Monday, July 27, 2009

A GOOD DAY!

Last week I had the best day at work EVER. I'm lucky because my job isn't monotonous...yeah, I get a little bit of grunt work here and there because thats what interns do, and I don't mind paying my dues, but last thursday was INTERN APPRECIATION DAYY!!!! which means one very important thing, I get FREE YOGURTLAND! It was really great to be able to sit with the mini army of interns and talk about what everyone is working on, and generally get a sense of how everyone was doing. I worked on an article in the morning, which I loved because I really liked to write. Since I'm a total nerd I'm going to bring up the West Wing, because it's basically my favorite show ever. In one of the episodes a character named Sam is re-writing a press release that was poorly written by some random guy that isn't exactly qualified to write something of that magnitude. Well the whole point is that it got me thinking about the importance of precision when it comes to words, which I'm not exactly displaying with this post, but is regardless important when it comes to getting a message out. the more I write, the more I realize that every word that I use means something, and that I should ultimately be careful as to how I phrase something, especially since writing is so permanent. Anyways, the writing was fun, and the yogurt was fun, and then I temporarily ran out of work (which is hard to do, believe me). But then, a little kid walked in to the office and so I decided to color with him, which was really fun because I actually hadn't spent time with a kid in a really long time. I've never been a huge fan to be honest, not one of those people that yearns for motherhood or a baby sitting gig, but this was actually fun to just color and talk with a toddler and not really have to think about anything particularly difficult for a while. Anyways, it was a GOOD DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment